Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Avril Lavigne Lesbian Girlfriend

Avril Lavigne Lesbian Girlfriend



Lavigne's No. 1 single "Girlfriend" is causing legal trouble with the Rubinoos.

"Hey! Hey! You! You! I don't like your girlfriend/ No way no way/ I think you need a new one," sings Canadian born punk-rocker Avril Lavigne from her smash hit "Girlfriend." A smashed hit is about all she's going to get if 1970's band Rubinoos have their say. The soft-rock group has filed a lawsuit against Lavigne for copywrite infrigement.

Tommy Dunbar and James Gangwer of the band Rubinoos filed a lawsuit July 2nd against Lavigne's hit single "Girlfriend" over a lyric they believe was stolen from them without permission. In Avril's song, she sings "Hey! Hey! You! You! I don't like your girlfriend," a similar lyric to the bands 1979 hit "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend." The suit is filed against her, her writing partner Dr Luke (Lukas Gottwald), and Avril Lavigne Publishing. However, the song also sings "Hey! Hey! You! You! I know that you like me."

No comments: